Applications to join the 2021-2022 Youth Advisory Board are now live!
The Vote16USA Youth Advisory Board is a group of young people from around the country who are working to lower the voting age in their cities and states, or want to do so in the future. Board members support each other’s work by exchanging ideas and strategies, help other young people start advocating for the cause, advise the national campaign, and serve as spokespeople for the movement. The Board members are at the center of a larger network of other young people working to lower the voting age across the country. Members will have optional opportunities to take on additional responsibilities through leadership roles on specific projects throughout the year.
Click here to apply. The application deadline is July 29, 2021.
The goals of the Youth Advisory Board are:
- Goal 1: Build community among Vote16USA youth leaders.
- Goal 2: Enhance campaigns to lower the voting age in cities across the country by sharing best practices and common resources, building skills through training, and collaborating on plans to strengthen campaigns in each city.
- Goal 3: Inform the direction of the national Vote16USA campaign, to elevate this issue nationally and inspire future city-level campaigns.
Board members will be expected to:
- Participate in monthly, one-hour conference calls.
- Attend and participate in an online kick-off retreat in August 2021 (10 hours spread across 3 or 4 days, with 3 hours of pre-work required).
- Work on optional projects in between calls, such as building toolkits or working on media outreach (about 2 hours per month max).
- Serve as liaisons between their local campaign and national Vote16USA.
- Serve as media spokespeople for the national campaign.
If you have any questions about the Youth Advisory Board, reach out to email@example.com.