Vote 16 Illinois is a chapter of a nationwide, non-partisan organization to extend suffrage to sixteen- and seventeen-year-olds in municipal elections to cultivate lifetime civic participation among a new generation of Americans.
Vote 16 Illinois Goals include:
- Establishing an active coalition of politically-involved Illinois youth and partner organizations.
- Engaging our local representatives in the creation and introduction of the necessary state and municipal legislation to expand the vote.
- Advocating for the passage of legislation critical to our cause.
- Encouraging discussion pertinent to youth civics action and education both locally and nationally.
- Creating young voters prepared to harness the power of habitual voting and to actualize their political potential at every level of government.